- By accessing and using any part of SafeEntry, you agree to be bound by these Terms. You may access and use SafeEntry in the manner permitted under these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use SafeEntry. In these Terms, references to “you” mean any person or organisation (as the context so requires) accessing and using SafeEntry.
Use of SafeEntry
- Unless otherwise authorised by GovTech, we grant you a non-exclusive, limited, revocable, non-sub-licensable and non-transferrable right to use SafeEntry for your non-commercial use only.
- You agree that you will not, directly or indirectly —
- modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, adapt, publish, redistribute or interfere with or intercept any transaction which is part of SafeEntry;
- use SafeEntry for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party (save where authorised by GovTech), including renting, selling, leasing or directly or indirectly charging others for the use of SafeEntry;
- remove, circumvent, impair, bypass, disable or otherwise interfere with any feature of SafeEntry;
- access, submit or use any data that is not yours, or which you are not validly authorised to access, submit or use;
- misrepresent or make false or misleading claims regarding SafeEntry;
- use SafeEntry for any illegal activity, unlawful purpose, or purposes prohibited by these Terms or in breach of these Terms;
- use any device, software, exploits, or routine, including any virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, robot, spider, data-mining or data scraping tool or cancel bot intended to damage or interfere with the proper operation of SafeEntry or to intercept or expropriate any data from SafeEntry;
- use SafeEntry in any manner that could damage, disrupt, disable, overburden, or impair the operation of SafeEntry or interfere with any person’s use of SafeEntry;
- while using SafeEntry, upload, post or transmit any material of any type that —
- is contrary to any law, statute or subsidiary legislation;
- is false, offensive, defamatory, inaccurate, misleading or fraudulent; or
- infringes or violates the rights of any person;
- use SafeEntry to access data not intended for you.
- You agree to comply with any and all guidelines, notices, operating rules and policies and instructions pertaining to the access and use of SafeEntry, including any amendments to the foregoing, issued by GovTech from time to time, as well as all applicable laws and regulations.
- Where you are an individual user, you represent and warrant that your name, your NRIC number or FIN number or nationality and passport number, your mobile number, the address of the subject premises which you are entering or exiting, your entry time and your exit time (collectively, “Contact Data”) submitted by you on SafeEntry are accurate, true and correct. Through your use of SafeEntry, you agree that such Contact Data may be shared, transferred and disclosed to the relevant public sector agencies and third parties for the purpose of preventing or controlling the incidence or transmission of COVID-19 through contact tracing, and for any other purpose permissible under the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act. Without limitation to the foregoing, you agree –
- to accurately provide your Contact Data when using SafeEntry to record your entry into or exit from any relevant premises; and
- all or part of such Contact Data may be shared, transferred and disclosed to the owners of the relevant premises maintaining records of entry into and exit from their premises for the purpose of preventing or controlling the incidence or transmission of COVID-19 through contact tracing.
Contact Data of other individuals
- In the course of your use of SafeEntry, we may receive Contact Data relating to other individuals from you. You shall, prior to submitting the Contact Data relating to such individuals, notify the individuals of these Terms and that you are providing their Contact Data to us in accordance with these Terms.
- You represent and warrant that such Contact Data are accurate, true and correct, and you have the valid agreement, authority and consent from the individuals to act on their behalf and provide their Contact Data in accordance with these Terms.
Disclaimers against Warranty, Representation and Liability
- SafeEntry is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranty of any kind. The accessibility and operation of SafeEntry may rely on technologies outside our control. To the extent permitted by law, GovTech does not make any representation or warranty of any kind whatsoever in relation to SafeEntry and disclaim all express, implied and statutory warranties of any kind to you or any third party, whether arising from usage or custom or trade or by operation of law or otherwise, including any representation or warranty –
- as to the accuracy, completeness, correctness, currency, timeliness, reliability, availability, interoperability, security, non-infringement, title, merchantability, quality or fitness for any particular purpose of SafeEntry; or
- that SafeEntry or any associated function or feature will be continuously accessible, uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that SafeEntry and their servers are and will be free of virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, programme or macro.
- GovTech will not be liable to you or any third party for any damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever caused, including any direct or indirect, special or consequential damage, loss of income, revenue or profit, lost or damaged data, or damage to your device, software or any other property, whether arising directly or indirectly in connection with any of the following –
- your use of SafeEntry;
- any loss or unavailability of use of SafeEntry, howsoever caused;
- any breakdown or malfunction of any equipment system or software used in connection with SafeEntry, whether belonging to us or not, including any electronic terminal, server or system, or telecommunication or other communications network or system;
- your device, computer or other electronic hardware not working or functioning properly;
- any inaccuracy or incompleteness in, or error or omission in the transmission of personal data or any other content made available or accessible via SafeEntry;
- any delay, failure, or interruption in the transmission of personal data or any other content made available or accessible via SafeEntry, whether caused by delay, failure, or interruption in transmission over the internet or otherwise;
- any decision made or action taken by you or any third party in reliance upon SafeEntry or any personal data or any other content made available or accessible via SafeEntry; or
- any virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, programme or macro in SafeEntry.
- You acknowledge that your use of SafeEntry contains the possibility of human and machine errors, inaccuracies, omissions, delays, unavailability and losses, including the inadvertent loss of data which may give rise to loss or damage suffered by you, and you agree that you will not hold GovTech liable in any way whatsoever for the said loss or damage. You agree that you use SafeEntry at your own discretion and risk and that you will be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you and to your device, or loss, damage to or corruption of data that results from the use of SafeEntry.
- You will not rely on SafeEntry to claim or assert any form of legitimate expectation against GovTech, whether or not arising out of or in connection with our roles and functions as a public authority.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing, no action may be brought by you against GovTech, under these Terms or related to SafeEntry, more than one (1) year after the cause of action arose.
Reservation of Rights
- GovTech reserves the right to change, modify or supplement these Terms at our discretion and at any time, by posting the changed, modified or supplemented Terms on or through SafeEntry, or through such other means as GovTech may deem appropriate. Your continued use of SafeEntry following the posting of any change, modification or supplement will constitute your acceptance of such change, modification or supplement. If you do not agree to any change, modification or supplement to these Terms, please do not use SafeEntry.
- GovTech reserves the right to –
- update, enhance, upgrade, reduce, or otherwise modify or vary SafeEntry, at any time, for any reason, with or without notice to you. These Terms will apply to all such updates, enhancements, upgrades, reductions, modifications or variations to SafeEntry;
- suspend the use of SafeEntry, during times of maintenance (whether scheduled or unscheduled), without notice or liability to you whatsoever;
- deny or restrict use of SafeEntry to you without ascribing any reasons and without liability to you whatsoever;
- discontinue or terminate SafeEntry, at any time without notice or liability to you whatsoever, whereupon all rights granted to you under these Terms will also terminate immediately; and
- if your use of SafeEntry is in breach of these Terms, we may immediately disable your use of SafeEntry without notice and to take all such action as we consider appropriate, desirable or necessary.
- GovTech retains the discretion in determining whether or not to provide maintenance and support services for SafeEntry, and if so, the type and nature of such maintenance and support services.
- You acknowledge that GovTech owns all titles, rights and interest, including intellectual property rights, in and to SafeEntry, including any software therein. You will not do or permit any act which is directly or indirectly likely to limit our titles, rights or interest in and to the same. Unless otherwise expressly permitted by law, you agree not to modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, or decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from, SafeEntry. Without limiting the foregoing, you will not use in any way and will not reproduce any trademark, logo, trade name and similar mark that is associated with SafeEntry, without GovTech’s prior written consent.
- GovTech does not represent or warrant that the use of SafeEntry by you will not constitute an infringement or misuse of any third party right, including intellectual property rights.
- No part of SafeEntry may be reproduced or reused without GovTech’s prior written permission.
- By using SafeEntry, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Privacy Statement, and that you agree to the terms of the Privacy Statement as may be amended from time to time. The Privacy Statement forms part of these Terms.
- You agree to indemnify GovTech and hold GovTech harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) made against or suffered or incurred by GovTech howsoever arising directly or indirectly out of your access to or use of SafeEntry, or your breach of any of these Terms.
- These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.